COSC 282, Data Structures and Algorithms, Spring 2007
Updates to the weekly schedule will be confirmed in writing.
The address of the course list server is DataStruct [at] listserv.messiah.edu
- Guest lecturer on Feb. 5 in COSC 490, Steven Bogaerts, gave an introduction to cryptography. It is available. [PPT] In general, if there are CS-related talks happening on campus, and you are not required to attend as part of another course, you can earn extra credit for our course by attending it.
Links for lectures (changing):
- Lab 1 handout, due Monday, February 12, 2007.
- Lindenmayer system applet
demo, for p. 56 of text, on Monday, Feb. 12.
- Vector class to browse.
- Lab 3 handout, due Friday, March 2, 2007.
- Fibonacci as an example of pure recursion, partial
recursion with dynamic programming by memoizing earlier calculations, and pure iteration.
This cartoon is being used under the fair-use clause of the U. S. Copyright Act, which permits a single spontaneous use of short copyrighted material for educational purposes. [removed 2/24/07]